||16 to 24 hours per week
||Open until filled
Green America (www.greenamericatoday.org) is a nonprofit, membership organization whose mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
We are currently seeking an intern to assist in our Finance and Accounting Department to help process transactions, generate reports, file documents and do special projects as required. This is a unique opportunity to get experience in a small/medium sized nonprofit accounting environment.
The Accounting Intern will work with the Finance Director to:
- Perform month end reconciliations and prepare data for journal entries into QuickBooks.
- Assistance with research and preparation of materials for the external audit in May, 2013.
- Process check and credit card transactions
- Prepare accounts receivable invoices and statements
- Track and manage employee leave sheets
- Perform various reconciliations on a regular basis
- Update our contracts spreadsheet and provide management with reports on contracts that are due to be renewed
- Filing documentation
- Data entry of transactions into QuickBooks
- Other projects as assigned
Ideal applicant will:
1) Have good organizational and administrative skills
2) Have an interest in accounting and finance
3) Have excellent oral and written communication skills
4) Have moderate to advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Excel data and spreadsheet functions.
6) Be able to use Microsoft Word
7) Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
If interested please send cover letter and resume to Nora Marsh, Green America, 1612 K Street, Suite 600, Washington, D.C. 20006 or email email@example.com. Or Fax to 202-331-8166. Please put Accounting Internship in the subject line of the email. No calls, please.
Due to the overwhelming volume of resumes that we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. Only those applicants asked to interview will be contacted.
Return to Jobs and Internships »