||June 10 to August 16, 2013
Green America is a nonprofit membership association whose mission is to harness economic power — the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace — to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
Green America is seeking an intern to assist with the sales management, traffic management and production of advertising in our publications, especially the National Green Pages ™, but also the fall issue of Green American Magazine.
The intern will gain valuable experience working with the Advertising Manager and the directors of the Business and Publications Divisions in all aspects of advertising at Green America, with special emphasis on ad sales tracking, including customer relations, as well as prepress production of several publications.
Advertising and Publications work
- Ad Sales Tracking
- Work with Ad Manager and Ad Team Leader to assist Sales team to achieve sales goals; track sales of advertising, placement and special circumstances for later billing.
- Troubleshooting and Production
- Work with Ad Manager and Publications Director to ensure accurate printing of advertiser artwork, and closing prepress and production as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Interest in corporate social responsibility and accountability issues.
- Strong computer skills including, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous publishing or prepress experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal skills including good phone manner.
- Flexibility and ability to deal with rapidly-changing project priorities and strategies.
- Ability to easily understand verbal training and instructions.
- Ability to work on projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain focused and calm.
How to Apply:
If interested please send cover letter and resume to Rob Hanson, Green America, 1612 K Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20006; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also fax your resume to (202) 747-7512. No calls please.
Please send cover letter and resume.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer.
Return to Jobs and Internships »