||24 hrs/week (3 days per week), flexible
|| 3-6 months, beginning in January 2017, with an option to extend
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) is a nonprofit, membership organization whose mission is to harness economic power – the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace – to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. Our Climate Action Program has produced several groundbreaking reports on solar power; combated the dirtiest forms of energy, which helped stop the construction of 15 coal-fired power plants in the US; and engaged hundreds of thousands of people in actions to promote corporate responsibility and government action on climate change.
We are seeking a climate fellow with outreach and organizing skills, excellent writing skills, social media experience, and an interest in climate change issues. The focus of the Climate Action Fellow will be to further our corporate responsibility campaigns on climate as well as to promote federal action on Clean Energy Victory Bonds (which would create financing for clean energy nationwide).
An ideal candidate will:
- Have strong writing skills and experience writing content for various platforms including blogs, webpages, formal letters, and reports;
- Have excellent oral communication skills and be willing to call congressional offices, NGOs, business leaders, and others to build interest and support for Clean Energy Victory Bonds and track responses;
- Have excellent organizing skills and be able to help coordinate events;
- Be familiar with social networking platforms and draft content for Facebook and Twitter
- Assist with research and mobilization on clean energy and other energy-related projects as needed;
- Be able to work independently and take initiative.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please email a resume and cover letter to: Todd Larsen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject "CLIMATE Fellow: First Name Last Name"
No calls please.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.
Return to Jobs and Internships »