|| September to December, 2013
|| 16 hrs/week
|| September 6, 2013
||Unpaid, course credit available
Green America is a nonprofit membership association whose mission is to harness economic power — the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace — to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
The Development Intern will provide assistance to the Development Coordinator and the Foundations Program Director, who are responsible for the largest sources of funding for Green America. The intern will gain valuable experience in nonprofit fundraising with a special emphasis on grants and major donor relationships. The intern will grow and refine their writing, research, communication, and organization skills in the scope of major environmental nonprofit work.
- Conduct Foundation Research.
- Research foundation prospects using the Foundation Directory online and other resources provided by the Foundation Fundraiser.
- Compile, organize, and make presentable prospect lists.
- Work with Foundation Fundraiser on strategy for appealing to targets.
- Assisting Foundation Fundraiser in producing proposals, LOIs, and reports.
- Proofreading proposals and reports as needed
- Drafting sections of proposals and reports
- Packaging proposals, LOIs and reports for delivery
- Assist with major donor mailings.
- Help proof letters and response cards.
- Merge, print, stuff, and mail letters.
- Help set-up and facilitate the assembly of major gift mailings with staff.
- Assist with the Major Gifts program
- Track incoming donations.
- Produce both formal and personal thank you letters.
- Research potential donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong interest in nonprofit fundraising and desire to learn and grow in this field
- Ability to work independently and implement projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to easily understand verbal training and instructions
- Excellent writing skills and ability to proofread
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills – experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and database platforms
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks
Send resume and cover letter to Katie Gatlin email@example.com. Email only.
No calls please.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.