Food Campaigns Intern
||Unpaid, course credit available
||Nicole McCann, Food Campaigns Director
||January through May/June 2015
||16-20 hours/week (Monday – Thursday)>
||Open until Filled
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) is a nonprofit, membership organization whose mission is to harness economic power – the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace – to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
Our GMO Inside campaign has been rapidly growing since it was launched in November 2012. It is a coalition of individuals and organizations dedicated to educating consumers about the risks of genetically modified foods and growing the market for non-GMO and organic products. By getting food companies to remove genetically modified ingredients, secure independent third-party labeling of non-GMO products, and stop opposing mandatory GMO labeling, we strive to create a more just and sustainable food system.
Responsibilities for the Food Campaigns Intern may include:
- Researching and writing articles and reports about emerging issues related to current and new campaigns
- Producing printed and online materials such as action alerts, newsletters, and blog posts
- Coordinating campaign actions to engage citizens and pressure targets
- Representing Green America and GMO Inside to recruit new activists at community meetings, festivals, and other events
- Assisting with mailings and event preparation
- Participating in and note taking in conference calls and meetings with the GMO Inside team
Ideal candidate must have knowledge and a passion for sustainable food systems. Candidate must also be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Weekly hours will be scheduled based on the intern’s availability.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested please send cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Anna Meyer at email@example.com
Return to Jobs and Internships »