Food Campaigns Fellow
||20-24 hours/week (Monday – Thursday)
||Anna Meyer, Food Campaigns Coordinator
|| : Immediately/When available – September 2017 (with possibility for extension)
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) is a nonprofit, membership organization whose mission is to harness economic power – the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace – to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. Our Climate Action Program has produced several groundbreaking reports on solar power; combated the dirtiest forms of energy, which helped stop the construction of 15 coal-fired power plants in the US; and engaged hundreds of thousands of people in actions to promote corporate responsibility and government action on climate change.
Our GMO Inside campaign has been rapidly growing since it was launched in November 2012. It is a coalition of
individuals and organizations dedicated to educating consumers about the risks of genetically modified foods
and growing the market for non-GMO and organic products. By getting food companies to remove genetically
modified ingredients, secure independent third-party labeling of non-GMO products, and stop opposing
mandatory GMO labeling, we strive to create a more just and sustainable food system
Responsibilities for the Food Campaigns Fellow may include::
- Researching and writing blogs and articles about emerging issues related to current and new
- Producing printed and online materials such as action alerts, newsletters, and blog posts
- Representing Green America and GMO Inside to recruit new activists at community meetings, festivals, and other events
- Tracking news coverage of food issues and posting relevant articles to GMOI website and listserv
- Assisting with management of social media accounts
- Participating in and note taking in conference calls and meetings with the GMO Inside team
Qualified candidates should have the following skills and qualities::
- Demonstrate strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Have knowledge and a passion for sustainable food systems
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently as a member of the food campaigns team with minimal
- A strong interest in learning about a variety of issues related to sustainable food and agriculture, and
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If interested please send cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Anna Meyer, Food Campaigns
Manager, at AMeyer@greenamerica.org. No phone calls, please.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.
Return to Jobs and Internships »