Green Business Certification Marketing Intern
||$200/month. This internship is highly recommended for professional development.
||GBN Membership and Marketing Coordinator & Certification Director
||February 23 - May 25 with a summer extension possible
||Open until filled
Overview: If you have a keen eye for detail, copy-editing experience and are interested in learning how green businesses are working to protect people and the planet, we have an opportunity for you at Green America.
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors, and businesses in their roles as economic actors. Our workplace reflects our goal of creating a more cooperative, environmentally sound economy. We have a participatory decision-making process that aims to build consensus within the departments and teams.
Green America’s Green Business Network (GBN) is the first and largest association of socially and environmentally responsible businesses in the nation. GBN combines community, environmental sustainability, and social justice in a way that builds each business, benefits everyone, and helps heal the planet. The GBN team provides all services to the approximately 3,000 business members.
The Green Business Certification Intern will work directly with the Director of Certification and Standards and Membership Coordinator assisting with improving our Green Business Certification tool by reaching out to GBN members about certification and seal use.
- Set milestones and goals with Certification Director and Membership Coordinator and monitor progress to ensure goals will be met.
- Assist Certification Director and Membership Coordinator with copy-editing initiatives in the assessment for accuracy and detail.
- Track progress of business members actively working on earning their certification (report advances in achievement).
- Participate in Standards Committee meetings where companies are evaluated for Gold level certification review (as time permits).
- Perform internet research for industry specific resources to help green businesses grow and thrive.
- Other assignments as requested.
- Excellent research skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to take lead and initiative when issues arise and offer thoughtful solutions and feedback.
- Comfortable working independently in a highly collaborative environment where creativity is encouraged.
- Superior customer engagement skills – conversational and phone techniques.
- Experience with MS Office, especially Excel.
- A strong interest in working with and learning about small businesses committed to the green marketplace.
How to Apply:
Send your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample to Alix Davidson, firstname.lastname@example.org . Email only. No calls please.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.
Return to Jobs and Internships »