Center for Industry Transformation Intern
||16-20 hrs/week, flexible
This is an unpaid internship. Course credit and travel stipend are available.
||Director, Center for Industry Transformation
||Fall Semester with potential extension
||Open to filled
The Intern is responsible for providing support to the Director around the launch and maintenance of the Center website, research on working groups in development, as well as administrative support for the new Center for Industry Transformation and current Working Groups. The position is based in the Green America offices.
Organization and Program Overview:
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors and businesses. Our workplace reflects our goal of creating a more cooperative, environmentally sound economy. We have a participatory decision-making process, which aims to build consensus within the departments and teams.
One of Green America’s core supply-side strategies is the development and hosting of “Key Initiator Working Groups.” We have used these working groups to catalyse the rapid growth of green segments of various industries, including solar, recycled paper and community investments. We are in the process of launching a new Center at Green America to house the projects we are working on. Currently, we are facilitating a Non-GMO Supply Working Group, which has several spin off projects, are in the early stages of starting a Clean Electronics Working Group, and are in the research and development phase of several others potential projects dealing with renewable energy and fair trade.
Working Groups are comprised of carefully selected stakeholders from across the value chain of a given industry. They meet as whole groups twice and year and special “initiative groups” (which prototype and test specific projects) between meetings. The goals of working groups range of growing solar energy to 50% of US energy production by the year 2050 to bringing non-GMO corn and soy to market dominance by 2024 to moving the electronics industry towards zero exposure to toxic chemicals in the manufacturing process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the director in researching, prioritizing and making contact with key stakeholders for projects in development
- Support the director in making Powerpoint presentations and various collateral
- Participate in interviews with key contacts with the possibilty to conduct stakeholder interviews
- Support the Director and other team members in updating the website and other online materials
- Assist the team by taking and disseminating notes from group meetings
- Obtain contact information for key contacts and managing contact information in Zoho
- Participating in Design Team meetings and internal team meetings
- Support the Director with administrative tasks related to the Center for Industry Transformation
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An interest or knowledge in sustainability, supply chain management and/or marketing
- Strong research and writing skills
- PowerPoint, Excel and/or Square Space experience
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Clear and understandable English
Please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org. Green America is an equal opportunity employer.
No calls please.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.
Return to Jobs and Internships »