- About Us
- Our Work
- Our Certification
- Our Publications
- Our Blog
- Take Action
National Green Pages™ Fellowship
|Dates:||Summer 2013; flexible start dates|
|Hours:||32 hrs/week (Mon-Thurs)|
|Deadline:||Monday, May 6|
Overview: If you have a sharp eye for detail, have copy-editing experience, are interested in progressive publishing and editing, and want to learn about how green businesses are working to protect people and the planet, there’s an opportunity for you at Green America.
Green America is a national nonprofit organization teaching consumers and businesses how to create positive social and environmental change through economic and financial strategies. Our target program areas are developing “green” and socially responsible small businesses, building healthy local economies, and promoting corporate responsibility.
Green America’s Green Business Network® (GBN) is the business membership program of Green America. GBN’s mission is to help socially responsible enterprises emerge and succeed. We do this through public education and marketing assistance, and by providing members with cost-saving benefits and services. Our flagship production, the National Green Pages® directory, links these businesses with conscientious consumers. The 2014 print edition will celebrate 21 years.
Description: Members of GBN receive free listings in the printed and online versions of the National Green Pages®. This position will enter listing changes submitted by members (via mail, fax or email), provide technical assistance to members (self-management of listings), and other NGP duties as needed. This position will need to communicate (via phone and email) with members to resolve any discrepancies.
This position will have the opportunity to attend Green America’s Standards Committee meetings, which researches and reviews the social and environmental profiles of green businesses before a business receives Gold level certification. This provides exposure to the challenges of running a socially responsible company and how third parties rate business sustainability practices.
Specific duties include:
1. Set milestones and goals with supervisor and monitor progress to ensure goals will be met. Goals include: weekly goals for data entry, final deadlines for completion of data entry, editing, accuracy of information in publications, etc.
2. Handle special case processing, tracking and correspondence with members, verifying listing information with members when needed.
3. Communicate with business members about how best to edit their listing for publication.
4. Work closely with the GBN and publications teams to review progress of listings status.
5. Assist in proofing tasks for the NGP as needed.
5. Participate in Screening Team meetings where companies are evaluated for Gold Level Certification in the Green Business Network (if time permits).
Send résumé and cover letter (include preferred start and end dates) to: Nick Biber, email@example.com; fax: 202-822-8471; or mail: 1612 K St. NW, Ste. 600, Washington, DC 20006.
Organization: Green America’s Green Business Network
No calls please.
Visit www.greenamerica.org for more information.