Online Communications Fellow
||16-20 hours per week, Mon-Thurs business hours
||Online Communications Manager
If you have skills in online communications and web development or web production platforms, and you want to make a difference in the world, this is the job for you.
Green America is a national nonprofit based in Washington, D.C. Since 1983 we’ve been working to create a green economy defined by environmental restoration and sustainability, social and economic justice, thriving and inclusive local communities, and personal health and well-being.
We seek someone to work with our Online Communications Team to engage and educate consumers by producing website and email content, assessing effectiveness of published content, reaching broader audiences, and assisting our Online Communications Manager with overall online communications.
This position provides an excellent career-building opportunity, especially for someone wanting to develop their experience in online communications, web content production, frontend web development, online marketing, and advocacy.
Some of the job responsibilities can be flexible depending on candidate’s skills and desires.
- Design, publish, and maintain content on Green America’s multiple websites including articles, blog posts, campaign materials, news.
- Assist with Google Adwords.
- Assist with metrics and reporting on various communication channels.
- Optimize web content for search engines to increase website traffic.
- Design engaging page layouts on an old website.
- Basic HTML and CSS skills
- Experience with webpage creation, website CMS, and/or advocacy platforms
- Great attention to detail
- Experience juggling multiple tasks and deadlines
- Comfortable working independently in a collaborative environment where creativity is encouraged
- Basic design eye appreciated but not required
- Passion for Green America’s mission and values appreciated
but not required
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Fellowship” in the email subject.
This position is at Green America’s headquarters at 1612 K Street NW, Suite 600, Washington DC 20006.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application.
Return to Jobs and Internships »