Online Communications Intern
||16-20 hours per week, within a Mon-Thurs business hours schedule
||Online Communications Manager
||$50/week stipend, course credit possible
If you have skills in online communications, simple web development, and/or web production platforms, and
you want to make a difference in the world, check out this internship.
Green America is a national nonprofit based in Washington, D.C. Since 1983, we’ve been working to create a green economy defined by environmental restoration and sustainability, social and economic justice, thriving and inclusive local communities, and personal health and well-being. We inform people’s choices, organize consumer collective action, and bring together businesses and other stakeholders to achieve system-wide change.
We seek someone to work with our Communications Team to engage and educate online by producing and
publishing content for our websites, blog, email blasts, and social media. This position can also assist with
performance metrics, online marketing, and/or graphic design, if desired and able.
This position provides an excellent career-building opportunity, especially for someone wanting experience in
web content production, online communications, frontend web development, advocacy, or online marketing.
Some of the job responsibilities can be flexible depending on candidate’s skills and desires.
- Put up and maintain content on Green America’s multiple websites including articles, blog posts,
campaign materials, news, etc.
- Build advocacy actions for our campaigns using an online platform (Salsa).
- Create and monitor Google Adwords.
- Assist with collecting and reporting on metrics for various communication channels.
- Optimize web content for search engines to increase website.
- If desired and able, create graphics for emails, websites, and social media.
- Work in a collaborative environment where creativity is encouraged.
- Experience with website CMS and/or advocacy tools
- HTML and CSS skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to proofread content and ensure no mistakes or typos
- Comfortable with multiple tasks and deadlines
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Online Communications Intern
This position is at Green America’s headquarters at 1612 K Street NW, Suite 600, Washington DC 20006.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application.
Return to Jobs and Internships »