Member Services & Account Representative
||full-time (4-days, 32 hours/week)
|| medical, dental, sick days, holidays
||Operations Manager & GBN Deputy Director
Green America is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors and businesses. Our workplace reflects our goal of creating a more cooperative, environmentally sound economy. We have a participatory decision-making process, which aims to build consensus within the departments and teams.
Green America has both individual and business members, and this position will serve the needs of both types of members. The Green Business Network (GBN) is the business membership program of Green America. The mission of GBN is to help green businesses emerge and thrive.
The Member Services & Account Representative is the person to whom our members turn with their questions and feedback – the first, and often only, contact our members have with Green America. This person provides the first impression of Green America to our members, donors, vendors and partners through customer service with emphasis on friendliness and helpfulness. The department is responsible for answering all member correspondence and front phones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Member Services (50%):
- Respond to all mail, e-mail, and phone inquiries in a timely manner (usually 24-48 hours). This can require directing the inquiry to appropriate staff, but can also require direct correspondence with members and inquires.
- Mail publication orders, missed publications, and other educational materials.
- Ensure the capture of contact information for all phone and e-mail inquiries so that as many people as possible are included in new member solicitations.
- Send notices to members whose credit cards and checks are declined.
- Respond to donor or donor employer requests for Corporate Matching Gifts and code checks for accounting.
- Code “white mail” checks for data entry and accounts receivable.
- Update member information in our database (i.e. address changes, contribution information, email addresses etc.).
- Call Sustainers each month to get new credit card information for failed card transactions.
- Serve as Monday-Thursday primary phone staff person.
- Assist in recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Green Business Network Member Services (40%)
- Respond to requests and questions related to the Green America Green Business Certification program.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting related to business members’ use of our GreenGain sustainability tool.
- Manage member services questions and troubleshooting related to all GBN programs (including GreenPages.org.)
- Monitor and implement proper use of the Green America Seal on green business websites.
- Collect member data in support of ‘persona’ development, member segmentation, and other needs related to strategic planning.
- Support the GBN team in the development of the welcome kit and ongoing communication process for new members that join.
- Membership system duties: (a) create new member accounts in GreenGain and GreenPages.org; (b) update member information in Millennium, GreenPages.org, and GreenGain as needed; (c) run regular reports on user data from online certification program; (d) locate and correct discrepancies in the weekly certification reports; and (e) notify the Standards Committee of companies ready for Gold review. (If interns are available this person will train them to do it.)
- Operations (10%):
- Assist Data Entry by contacting members with missing or wrong information.
- Assist Data Entry department with entering gifts as needed.
- Process address/preference changes from vendors (mail shop, telemarketing firm, etc).
- Assist staff with shipping, mail machine, copier (shared with IT), and large/bulk mailings
- General upkeep of office lobby such as stocking publication cubbies.
- Deliver mail to staff mailboxes.
- Oversee inventory and order general office supplies.
Qualified Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Strong commitment to quality membership service.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellent attention to follow-through.
- Customer service and light technical support experience.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and juggle multiple projects.
- Excellent business communications skills.
- Excellent real-time problem-solving skills, including quickly clarifying concerns/problems and offering possible solutions.
- Must be able to work learn quickly, work independently and be punctual
- Strong computer skills (Word and Excel required).
- Aptitude to enter and change data in our membership database.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with good phone presence.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Pleasant and helpful attitude.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to: Contact: B. Gaskin, Green America, 1612 K Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20006, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, please.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer.
Return to Jobs and Internships »