Membership Marketing Coordinator
|| Marketing and Development Director
||$30,000 - $32,000
4-day work week, medical, dental, vacation, sick days, holidays, mental health days, and flexible hours
Green America is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a socially just and environmentally sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors, and businesses. Our workplace reflects our goal of creating a more cooperative, environmentally sound economy. We have a participatory decision-making process that aims to build consensus within the departments and teams.
- The Membership Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Membership Marketing to develop the schedule, budget, strategy, copy, design, production, and analysis of marketing and fundraising programs including:
- Direct Mail Renewals, Reinstatement, Special Appeals, and Monthly Donor cultivation.
- Follow-up to Direct Mail Campaigns through online communications and Social Media.
- Fundraising and House Ads in the Green American Magazine and the National Green Pages™.
- Green Festival Booth and Membership Initiatives, including travel logistics, set-up, managing staff, and revenue goals. (4 weekends yearly)
- Miscellaneous – acknowledgement strategy, onboarding strategy, new marketing opportunities, etc.
- Coordinate all aspects of direct mail production with outside vendors (printers, mail shops, etc.), including soliciting and reviewing bids, negotiating, writing job instructions, setting and monitoring production budgets, proofreading bluelines and set-ups, approving insertion order, and checking finished product.
- Request necessary data from the Senior Database Developer and check data files for integrity/accuracy.
- Work with Member Services and Operations Manager to ensure that all necessary data is entered into Millennium membership database for reporting purposes.
- Create presentations in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint of campaign result reports test strategies, audience segmentation, and mailing expense.
- Organize fulfillment of premiums, including the inventory and orders for branded products, mail merge reports into labels, and coordinating in-house mailing parties.
- Review and approve invoices for payment.
- Budget and track expenses for assigned programs.
- Work with Membership Marketing Director to prepare cost and revenue analysis report for each mailing/project.
- Acquire a working knowledge of Millennium and SALSA Labs membership database.
- Acquire a working knowledge of In-design and Photoshop software.
- Attend trainings, conferences, workshops and read industry publications to develop expertise on assigned programs.
- Participate in staff and department meetings.
- Work with Development Team on coordinating major donor fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong interest in nonprofit fundraising and desire to learn and grow in this field.
- Direct mail experience preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities, including attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to anticipate problems before the arise.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently, meet deadlines, and remain focused and calm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical intelligence, with the ability to produce reports using data, member segments, revenue and expense.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with members, industry leaders, vendors, and collaboratively.
If interested please email resume and cover letter to Dana@GreenAmerica.org.
Return to Jobs and Internships »