Membership Marketing Coordinator
||Full-time, 32 hours/week
||4-day Work Week, medical, dental, vacation, sick days, holidays, mental health days, and flexible hours
||Marketing and Development Director
Green America is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a socially just and environmentally sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors, and businesses. Our workplace reflects our goal of creating a more cooperative, environmentally sound economy. We have a participatory decision-making process that aims to build consensus within the departments and teams.
- Each Membership Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for half of the Marketing and Fundraising programs from developing the strategy to final analysis. These programs include:
- Direct Mail Acquisition and List Management
- Direct Mail Special Appeals
- Monthly Sustainer Program
- Real Money Marketing and Production
- Green Festival® Booth and Membership Initiatives
- Renewals Strategy, Copy, Design and Analysis (Production handled by Operations).
- Loan Program
- Miscellaneous – acknowledgement strategy, new marketing opportunities, marketing ads in our publications, etc.
The division of these programs will be determined by the Marketing team after this position has been hired.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Development Director and the other Membership Marketing Coordinator to develop the schedule, budget, strategy, copy, design, production, and analysis of marketing and fundraising programs as assigned.
- Attend trainings, conferences, workshops and read industry publications to develop expertise on assigned programs.
- Develop strong working relationships with outside vendors such as printers, lettershops, copy writers, etc.
- Request necessary data from the Senior Database Developer and check data files for integrity/accuracy.
- Request postage as necessary for mailings.
- Work with Member Services and Operations Manager to ensure that all necessary data is entered into Millennium membership database for reporting purposes.
- Coordinate all aspects of direct mail production with outside vendors (printers, mail shops, etc.), including soliciting and reviewing bids, negotiating, writing job instructions, setting and monitoring production budgets, proofreading bluelines and set-ups, approving insertion order, and checking finished product.
- Review and approve invoices for payment.
- Budget and track expenses for assigned programs.
- Work with Marketing and Development Director to prepare cost and revenue analysis report for each mailing/project.
- Acquire a working knowledge of Millennium membership database.
- Acquire a working knowledge of In-design software.
- Participate in staff and department meetings
- Occasionally help Member Services team by answering phones and speaking with members.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong interest in nonprofit fundraising and desire to learn and grow in this field
- Fundraising and direct mail experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
- Problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to implement projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain focused and calm
If interested please send cover letter and resume to Ashley Erickson, Green America, 1612 K Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20006, or email email@example.com You may also fax your cover letter and resume to (202) 331-8166. No calls please.
Return to Jobs and Internships »