Green America is leading the way toward a more just and sustainable society. Together we have:
- Directed over $100 million in purchases to socially and environmentally responsible businesses that are the core of the living economy.
- Channeled over $500 million in investments to community development financial institutions, including banks, credit unions, and loan funds.
- Played a leadership role in a campaign to pressure Procter & Gamble, the largest coffee company in the US, to convert 5% percent of their Millstone coffee line to Fair Trade Certified, thereby steering more fair trade revenues to coffee farmers in crisis.
- Played a leadership role in persuading CitiGroup to remove predatory lending products from the market through our Community Investing Campaign.
- Organized the consumer voice that helped pressure 22 of the largest clothing retailers to adopt anti-sweatshop standards.
- Played a key role in successfully organizing institutional investors to encourage the SEC to require mutual funds to disclose their voting on social and environmental resolutions.
You can help increase the impact of our work for a green economy when you become a member of Green America today.