|Get our Fair Trade guide to learn the latest on the expanding universe of Fair Trade products.
|Get the Guide »
Halloween Actions for Fair Trade
Join our fifth annual Halloween campaign against abusive child labor in the cocoa supply chain. With a reverse trick-or-treating kit, kids can go door to door, handing Fair Trade chocolate back to adults, to let them know that you can find chocolates made by companies with fair supply chains.
This year, there are two ways to order Halloween chocolate kits:
- Kits for individual families are available through Global Exchange for $7.50. Each kit contains 15 mini chocolates, informational cards and an instruction leaflet. Order your kit by October 17 »
- Larger groups can order kits through Equal Exchange for $24.50 plus shipping. Each kit includes 150 minis, informational cards, and instructions Order your group kit from October 3 - October 14 »
More ways to take action this Halloween:
- Order Fair Trade chocolate to give out to your trick-or-treaters. Check out our Chocolate Scorecard to see which Fair Trade chocolate companies have minis.
- Screen The Dark Side of Chocolate in your community and collect petition signatures for the CEO of Hershey as part of our Raise the Bar, Hershey! Campaign.
- Join the Raise the Bar, Hershey! Campaign's Halloween photo-petition contest to send Hershey the message that we won’t accept halloween candy made with forced child labor.
Here’s how the contest works:
1. Write a big, clear message to Hershey on a sheet of paper, or print out our standard message here.
2. Take a picture of yourself holding your message. If you’re able to wear your Halloween costume, it’s even better.
3. Email your photo to email@example.com for a chance to win free Fair Trade chocolate from Divine Chocolate.
Don't forget to also upload your photo to Hershey’s Facebook wall on Halloween (Monday, October 31st) for extra impact!
The prize will go to the most compelling photo message and will be announced on Tuesday November 1st, 2011.