Jump to Campbell Soup : Alerts;
• Campbell Soup produces and markets a wide range of convenience and snack foods and accounts for 70 percent of the US soup market.
• Campbell’s continues to ignore concerns regarding genetically modified foods and fails to label GMO ingredients.
• Godiva Chocolatier, part of Campbell, does not sell Fair Trade chocolate.
• Shop for Fair Trade and GMO free foods by visiting Go Green.
-- Profile Updated 06/30/2010
About Campbell Soup
From Spaghetti-Os to Godiva chocolates, Campbell Soup produces and markets a wide range of convenience and snack foods. Based in Camden NJ, the company employs 24,000 people and reported sales of $7.3 billion in 2006.
Arnotts Limited - Homebush, Australia
- Campbell Away From Home - Camden, NJ
- Campbell Finance Corp. - Newark, DE
Campbell Finance Corp. - Newark, DE
- Campbell Germany - Lubeck, Germany
- Campbell Grocery Products Ltd. - King's Lynn, United Kingdom
- Campbell Japan, Inc. - Tokyo, Japan
- Campbell North America - Camden, NJ
- Campbell Soup (Texas) Inc. - Paris, TX
- Campbell Soup Company - Camden, NJ
- Campbell Soup Company Ltd. - Toronto, Canada
- Campbell's de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Mexico, Mexico
- Erin Foods - Thurles, Ireland
- Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. (Unit) - New York, NY
- Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated (Unit) - Norwalk, CT
- Southeastern Wisconsin Products Co., Inc. - Milwaukee, WI
Contact Campbell Soup
Camden, NJ 08103-1799 USA
Ethics and Governance
Campbell Soup is not a participant in the UN Global Compact. According to the UN Global Compact Web site, "the Global Compact seeks to promote responsible corporate citizenship so that business can be part of the solution to the challenges of globalisation. In this way, the private sector, in partnership with other social actors, can help realize the Secretary-General’s vision: a more sustainable and inclusive global economy."
-- Business-HumanRights.org, 07/25/2007
In 2005, President and CEO Douglas Conant earned $9,727,733 compensation from Campbell Soup.
-- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 04/05/2006
Source URL: www.sec.gov
According to the Social Investment Research Analyst Network (SIRAN), ten years after the Federal Glass Ceiling Commission recommended disclosure of diversity data as a way to remove barriers and promote women and minority advancement, most US companies still fail to fully disclose EEO data to the public. Campbell Soup is listed as one of the companies that does not provide full public disclosure. The company failed to respond to a survey sent sent by SIRAN.
-- Social Investment Research Analyst Network (SIRAN), 12/07/2005
Source URL: www.siran.org/eeo1.php]
Campbell Soup donated over $52,000 to the Coalition Again$t the Costly Labeling Law in order to defeat Oregon’s Measure 27, which would require the labeling of all GMO food products sold in that state. The Coalition was successful in defeating the measure.
-- Oregon Secretary of State, 10/31/2002
Source URL: none available
Health and Safety
In the US, Campbell Soup continues to market unlabeled GMO products to children such as Goldfish crackers and Spaghetti-Os.
-- True Food Now, 12/01/2003
U.S. consumer and environmental groups urged Campbell Soup Co. to stop using gene-spliced ingredients in its soups, breads, juices, and other products. Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth, the Centre for Food Safety, and four other groups said they aimed to pressure companies to stop using bioengineered food. Campbells, which licensed the first genetically modified food -- the FlavrSavr tomato -- engineered for longer shelf life, is the first company targeted by the coalition. In Europe, Campbell sells little, if any, bioengineered food.
-- Reuters, 07/20/2000
Ethics and Governance
Godiva Chocolatier offers no products made with Fair Trade certified cocoa.
-- Godiva Chocolatier, 04/01/2006
Source URL: www.godiva.com