Boston Beer Company (owner of Samual Adams )
Jump to Boston Beer Company: Alerts;
• The Boston Beer Company reuses glass bottles from states that have bottle deposit bills.
-- Profile Updated 07/07/2010
About Boston Beer Company
Boston Beer Company was started in 1984 when Jim Koch micro-brewed his family beer recipe and sold it to bars under the name of Samuel Adam’s Boston Larger. It is America's largest mircobrew producer.
- The company has expanded to the Boston Beer Company which produces all Samuel Adams' beers and the malt beverages Twisted Tea and Hardcore Cider Tea.
- The Boston Beer Company, Inc. owns two breweries and leases space in several others.
There are no known affiliates associated with Boston Beer Company.
Contact Boston Beer Company
Boston Beer Company
Boston, MA 02210 USA
• According to a report published in 2004, Boston Beer Company reused glass bottles from states that have bottle deposit bills. This decision was inspired by economic savings that came from washing and reusing bottles. The company noted that it would discontinue the bottle reuse program if it was no longer economically beneficial.
-- Edgar Online, 03/11/2004
Ethics and Governance
• The Boston Beer Company teamed up with the non-profit Accion to aid entrepreneurs trying to start small businesses in the food and beverage industry. Boston Beer Company provided these individuals with information sessions and loans.
-- Boston Globe, 11/29/2008
Health and Safety
• The Boston Beer Company recalled bottles from a Cincinnati brewery because a security check found the bottles may contain bits of glass. The bottles used hold the company’s popular beer, Samuel Adams. The Boston Beer Company gets about 25% of its bottles from the plant that manufactured the defective bottles.
-- Environmental News Network, 04/07/2008
Source URL: www.enn.com/top_stories/article/34269