GreenAmerica.org | About Green America | Programs | National Green Pages™ | Newsroom
You are here: home > quiz > Are You a Corporate Watchdog?
print | email this page
Take the Responsible Shopper Challenge and test your knowledge of corporate misdeeds! Protect yourself -- and all your friends -- from buying into corporate wrongdoing.
You know that Exxon racks up record breaking profits while contributing massively to climate change. And you know that Wal-Mart has been accused of rising to retail dominance on the backs of millions of sweatshop laborers.
How much do you know about the social justice and environmental track records of the rest of the largest companies? Take this short quiz to test your knowledge of corporate misbehavior and to see if you need to brush up on corporate responsibility.
Select the company to choose your answer. If you need to do some research before selecting your answer, you can click on the the profile link next to a company's name to read the Responsible Shopper profile.
1) Which agribusiness company was sued by farmers across 13 states in 2007 for bribing other agribusiness companies in an effort to gain complete control over the seed production market?
2) Which clothing company used factories that were raided by Indian authorities in October of 2007 and was found to be using child labor?
3) Which toy company agreed to a $12 million settlement in December 2008 for safety hazards posed by 2 million toys that were recalled between August and October of 2007?
4) Which oil company finally faces trial in April 2009 for complicity in human rights abuses in Nigeria in the mid-1990s which resulted in the death of two Nigerian activists?
5) Which car company was found to have committed serious human rights abuses in several countries across the world, according to a 2008 report by the National Labor Committee?
Learn. | Act. | Live. | Home | About Us | Support this Work | Subscribe | Other Resources | Contact Us
Inside Green America: GreenAmerica.org | About Green America | Programs | National Green Pages™
©2004-2009 Green America All rights reserved.