- About Us
- Our Work
- Our Certification
- Our Publications
- Our Blog
- Get Involved
In this issue...
• PAGE 4: PACE Solar Funding Programs in Peril
• PAGE 5: Another Reason to Eat Less Meat
• PAGE 5: SF Mandates Phone-Radiation Disclosure
• PAGE 6: Urban Gardening Made Easy
• VIDEO WEB EXCLUSIVE: Get Started with the Garden Girl (urban gardening how-to videos)
• PAGE 8: New Social Investment Opportunities
• PAGE 11: New USA-made "Cotton of the Carolinas" T-shirt Line
• PAGE 14: Organic or Local?
• PAGE 18: Making Good Food Available to All
• PAGE 19: How to do Organic on the Cheap
• PAGE 21: "Organic or Conventional?": the Wallet Card
Special Thanks to Green America Business Members for supporting the new Green American
|Organic or Local?|
You walk into the grocery store, wanting to buy some Granny Smith apples for a pie you're planning to bake. You find there are two types -- organic apples from across the country, or apples from a local farm that uses chemical pesticides and herbicides. Which do you choose?
It's a conundrum we've all faced at one time or another; in this issue, our editors consult with the experts, and offer Green America's take on this issue. (Bonus: a clip-out "Organic or Conventional" wallet card to remind you as you shop which items are most important to puchase organic.)
Check out previous articles from Green America
on organics and food issues:
Subscribe to the Green American, join Green America today.