What We Do
Green America is one of the leading resources for information about socially responsible investing in the US.
Through our Social Investing Program we:
- Provide resources — such as our Guide to Socially Responsible Investing and our Community Investing Guide — to individuals looking to put their saving and investing dollars to work for a more just and environmentally sustainable economy.
- Offer guidance for shareholder advocates, posting updates on shareholder season votes on green-economy issues from climate change to labor rights.
- Support community development financial institutions (CDFIs) through our 1% or More in Community Campaign that promotes banking and investing options that support economically struggling communities.
- Educate investors about trends in SRI and how SRI promotes corporate social responsibility.
- Generate mainstream media attention, as well as local and grassroots outreach, about socially responsible investing and its impact.
Green America also helped to found the Social Investment Forum, the trade association for socially responsible investment institutions and professionals. We are also one of the founding members of the Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies (Ceres) where we work with institutional investors to promote more environmentally sound practices and policies by Fortune 500 companies.