Climate Action Intern
|| 25-32 hrs/week
|| Unpaid, course credit available
|| Corporate Responsibility Programs Director
||Winter - Spring
|| Open until filled
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) is a nonprofit, membership organization whose mission is to harness economic power – the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace – to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. Our Climate Action Program has produced several groundbreaking reports on solar power that helped rapidly advance this clean energy source in the US; combated the dirtiest forms of power, which helped stop the construction of 15 coal-fired power plants in the US; and engaged hundreds of thousands of people in actions to promote corporate responsibility and government action on climate change.
We are seeking a student (undergrad or graduate level) with outreach and organizing skills, excellent writing skills, social media experience, and an interest in climate change issues. The focus of the Climate Action intern this fall will be to build support for Clean Energy Victory Bonds, a program of Green America that is working to create federal and state opportunities for average Americans to invest in the clean energy economy: www.CleanEnergyVictoryBonds.org
An ideal candidate will:
- Be interested in and active on climate change issues;
- Have excellent oral communication skills and be willing to call Congressional offices, NGOs, business leaders, and others to build interest and support for Clean Energy Victory Bonds and track responses;
- Have excellent organizing skills and be able to help coordinate events;
- Have strong writing skills;
- Be familiar with social networking platforms and draft content for blogs, web site, Facebook, etc.;
- Assist with research on clean energy and energy efficiency issues as needed;
- Be able to work independently and take initiative.
To apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to Todd Larsen at tlarsen@GreenAmerica.org.
No calls please.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.
Return to Jobs and Internships »