Foundation Fundraising Intern
|| 16 hrs/week,four-hour shifts at a time
|| Matt Grason, Foundation Fundraiser
|| Unpaid. If you are eligible for course credit through your university, we will work with you to make that happen.
If you’re interested in working with an energetic team on expanding an environmental organization’s revenue base while getting solid foundations in fundraising and persuasive writing – then this is the fellowship for you.
Green America is a national nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C. For nearly 30 years we’ve been harnessing the economic power of consumers, businesses, and investors to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable economy.
The Foundation Fundraising Intern will work directly with our Development team on fundraising research, strategy, and proposal and report production.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Researching prospective funders on the internet and Foundation Directory Online and prioritize prospects
- Compiling, organizing, and making presentable prospect lists
- Proofreading proposals and reports as needed
- Assisting Foundation Fundraiser in drafting sections of proposals and reports
- Assisting with department membership and major donor mailings, as needed
- Must be available 16 hours a week, at least 4 hours at a time at our office in Washington DC.
- Must be able to make a commitment through December 7
- Development experience preferred.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be a strong writer with the ability to proofread.
- Attention to detail is key.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Facility with database programs a plus
If interested please email resume, cover letter, and a one-page writing sample to Matt Grason at email@example.com. No calls please.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.