Green Business Network™ Intern
||16 hours/week in our DC office
||Unpaid/course credit available
|| GBN Membership and Marketing Coordinator
|| ASAP through mid-December, 2013
||Open until filled
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors, and businesses in their roles as economic actors. Our workplace reflects our goal of creating a more cooperative, environmentally sound economy. We have a participatory decision-making process that aims to build consensus within the departments and teams.
Green America’s Green Business Network (GBN) is the first and largest association of socially and environmentally responsible businesses in the nation. GBN combines community, environmental sustainability, and social justice in a way that builds each business, benefits everyone, and helps heal the planet. The GBN team provides all services to the approximately 3,000 business members.
The GBN intern will work directly with the team of GBN to provide key activities in membership development. This position is a wonderful opportunity for an individual interested in work with a long-time leader in growing the green marketplace. It is a place to learn about the intersection of sustainability and small business within a committed, fun community.
- Create new member accounts in online sustainability tool and the Green Pages Online.
- Update member information in Millennium, GreenPages.org, and GreenGain as needed.
- Support the implementation of the welcome and ongoing communication process for new members.
- Assist in the preparation and assembly of member mailings as needed.
- Assist with other member services as needed.
- Passion for social and environmental justice.
- Strong interest in working with and learning about small businesses committed to the green marketplace.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to take initiative in flagging concerns/problems and offering possible solutions.
- Comfort working independently in a high collaborative environment where creativity is encouraged.
Please send resume and cover letter via email only to Nicolas Biber: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
Return to Jobs and Internships »