Green Festival Washington DC Internship
|| June-September – 15 hrs per week
|| Denise Hamler (and Regional Director)
| Location of Internship:
||Washington D.C. Office of Green America
|No Stipend Position
Green America is seeking an organized and well-networked intern to work with the Green Festival Regional Director in promoting the event to region including the nonprofit and business communities. The 9 th annual Green Festival will be held in Washington DC, September 21-22, 2013. To learn more about Green Festivals visit www.greenfestivals.org. The Green Festival is a joint project of Green America and Global Exchange.
Green America is a nonprofit, membership association whose mission is to harness economic power — the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. www.greenamerica.org.
- Identify the key non-profit organizations and responsible businesses that need to be present --ensuring that the event has the diversity of social justice, environmental and economic issues represented from all communities in metro area.
- Assist in programming and setting up the Community Action area and establishing relationships with key representatives from all communities.
- Ability to attend community meetings of key stakeholders and represent Green Festival.
- Ability to organize and attend local events – prior to the Green Festival – to promote the event (farmers markets, cultural events, etc.)
- Send leads of new businesses to the sales team to solicit for exhibit space.
- Work with staff to host, invite, and manage the WDC Host Committee
Qualifications for the Position
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with and interest in social justice and environmental issues.
- Excellent verbal skills – in person and over the phone.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Graphics, HTML
- Flexibility and ability to deal with rapidly-changing project priorities and strategies.
- Ability to work on projects with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- All applicants must be enrolled in an under graduate or post graduate program of study.
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: Denise Hamler, Green America, 1612 K Street NW Suite 600 Washington DC 20006, or email@example.com.
No calls please.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.
Return to Jobs and Internships »