National Green Pages Volunteer
||8 - 16 hours/week in our DC office
||August – Sept. 2011
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to harness economic power – the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace – to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
Green America's Green Business Network (GBN) (www.greenbusinessnetwork.org) is the first and largest association of socially and environmentally responsible businesses in the nation. Working together, GBN combines community, environmental sustainability, and social justice in a way that builds each business, benefits everyone, and helps heal the planet. The GBN team provides all key services to the approximately 4,000 business members and is central to the mission of Green America.
Our flagship publication, the National Green Pages™ (NGP) directory, links GBN businesses with conscientious consumers. Approved members of GBN receive free listings in the printed and online versions of the National Green Pages™. This volunteer will assist in key proofing tasks for the print NGP that need to be completed in August and September.
Primary: Phone calls to GBN members to verify business phone numbers.
Other proofing tasks could include such tasks as:
- Correct email addresses and website URLs.
- Correct entry of all businesses in the NGP.
- Correct index listings.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to take initiative in flagging concerns/problems and offering possible solutions.
- Comfort working independently in a highly collaborative environment where creativity is encouraged.
- Sharp eye for detail
- Preference: copy-editing experience
Resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.
Return to Jobs and Internships »