The Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project (PAIR) presented Boston Common Asset Management with their 2013 Business Leader in Human Rights Award for the company’s leadership in promoting human rights in the corporate sector and in working to create a more just and sustainable world.
Boston Common Asset Management, LLC is an investment manager and a leader in global sustainability initiatives, specializing in long-only International equity, U.S. equity, and U.S. balanced strategies. Through integrated analysis of financial, and environmental, social and governance factors, Boston Common seeks sustainable, long-term capital appreciation by investing in diversified portfolios of what it believes to be high-quality companies.
PAIR honored Boston Common as a leader in promoting human rights in the corporate sector and in working to create a more just and sustainable world in areas of direct relevance to PAIR clients, citing their leadership in:
- Working to trace supply chains and conflict minerals to help end violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo;
- Seeking guidance on investment in Burma where human rights issues have been at the forefront for decades;
- Working with all parties in rural and indigenous communities in Latin America over land distribution and development;
- Divesting from Cisco Systems due to its human rights record in China;
- Working closely on immigration reform issues;
- Following the Bangladesh tragedies, becoming a leading investor voice for systemic change in the global apparel supply chain.
PAIR is a non-profit organization representing indigent asylum-seekers and immigrants unjustly detained, originally from over 90 countries throughout the world, many fleeing violence, trafficking, and other human rights violations.