Includes carbon offsets; fuel; fuel additives; Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs); solar panel and wind turbine manufacturers and installers
Restored & Protected Environment
- Helps consumers deal with on-site clean energy units such as solar panels when they reach the end of their lifetime.
- Biofuels and fuel additives are carbon neutral, do not compete for land used for food crops, and do not cause indirect land use change.
- Carbon offsets are real, verifiable, enforceable, permanent, and additional.
- RECs and carbon offsets are third-party verified.
- Detailed and responsible environmental management policy and/or procurement policy for all manufacturing processes and waste materials.
- Offers a take back program for solar panels.
Social & Economic Justice
Written code of conduct for supply chain regarding manufacturing and workplace conditions and plan for enforcement. At minimum includes prohibitions on child labor, forced labor including forced overtime, unsafe working conditions, and gender and ethnic discrimination.
- Involved in public policy advocacy work or member of association in support of clean energy advocacy.