|Join or donate today to help us grow a green economy.
|Join | Donate
One of the most important green purchasing strategies actually costs you nothing--and may help save you money, and save natural resources, in the long run. We call it unshopping.
Before buying anything, ask yourself:
- Do I really need and want this? Can I get by without it?
- Is it made from renewable or nonrenewable resources?
- Is it made of recycled materials and is it recyclable?
- How long will it last and how will I dispose of it?
- Can it be maintained and repaired?
- Could I borrow it, rent it, or buy it secondhand?
- Is it overpackaged?
- Is it worth the time I worked to pay for it and its cost to the environment?