Please note that bedding is included under Apparel and Textiles.
Restored & Protected Environment
- If wool is used, must be cruelty-free (no mulesing)
- At least 50% of mattress inventory has organic or non-synthetic/petroleum based content
- Biodegradable when exposed to the elements (rain, wind, sun) or easily recycled
- No genetically modified cotton
- Minimal and biodegradable packaging
- Use of a green office or facility, including resource reuse and maximum use of post-consumer recycled resources as well as maximum water and energy efficiency.This includes storm water management if companies have access to the exterior of their buildings or property.
Social & Economic Justice
- Must know where latex is sourced and indicate that on website
- Water based glue and adhesives
- Values statement including social and environmental issues on website
- If company does not own their manufacturing facility, Code of Conduct should be in place and enforced, including at minimum prohibitions on underage labor at forced overtime
- No use of formaldehyde, lead, mercury, cadmium, bisphenol A in plastics, PBDEs as fire retardants