Internship: Social Media
||unpaid, course credit available
|| Online/Special Projects Editor
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) is a nonprofit, membership organization whose mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
The Social Media Intern will work directly with within the Online Marketing and Engagement Team to perform outreach about Green America’s programs and campaigns to online information outlets including blogs, social networking sites, and the online communications of allied nonprofit organizations.
The Social Media Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to create and implement online marketing and engagement campaigns. This will include learning about new strategies, tactics and tools in the process of working with a fast moving team and highly dedicated team of Green America staff.
NOTE: Telecommuting is an available option for this internship.
- Help to maintain a the Green America presence on online social networking sites (primarily Facebook and Twitter) by starting conversations online and nurturing online visitors into deeper levels of envolvement in Green America’s work. This will be donein partnership with the online editor, and/or others at Green America.
- Build relationships with the online communications staff at other nonprofits. Subscribe to allied nonprofits’ e-newsletters, and look for ways to share Green America outreach with them. Work with the online editor to provide content and graphics for allies’ newsletters as appropriate, and to place traded content in our own e-newsletter.
- Develop relationships with relevant bloggers, providing them with information about Green America’s summer campaigns. Duties will include building on our existing database of allied blogs through original blog research. (Yes, that means you get to spend part of your day reading blogs!)
- Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired.
- Must have a passion for social and environmental justice.
- Must be an outgoing, personable, and articulate networker and self-starter.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where creativity is encouraged.
- Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
- Avid users of social media (primarily Facebook and Twitter).
- Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
- Experience using graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator desirable.
To apply: Send your resume and a one page writing sample to Mouhamad Alem at email@example.com.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email.
Return to Jobs and Internships »