- About Us
- Our Work
- Our Certification
- Our Publications
- Our Blog
- Get Involved
In this issue...
• PAGE 5: FDA Okays GE Alfalfa
• PAGE 6: How to Invest in Your Community
• PAGE 8: Caring for Children and Elders -- Cooperatively
• PAGE 9: How Meredith and Ellen Started a Summer Camp Co-op
• PAGE 11: Solar Electric Light Fund Brings Power to Haiti
• PAGE 12: FamilyFarmed.org Wins Our BEA Award
• PAGE 13: Green America Meets With Labor Secretary Hilda Solis
• PAGE 14: What's That on Your Skin?
• PAGE 16: 9 Toxins to Avoid in Personal Care Products
• PAGE 17: Do Labels Mean Anything?
• PAGE 19: Legislation to Watch
• PAGE 21: Want Safe Body Care? Mix it Up and Make it a Party
• PAGE 22: New Cell Phone Study, and a Pilot Program for Schools
Special Thanks to Green America Business Members for supporting the Green American
|Poisonous Personal Care|
The average American uses nine personal care products every day, with 126 unique chemical ingredients. Many are linked to cancer and other serious health effects.
This issue of the Green American points you toward the healthiest products, explains the US system for reviewing the chemicals in body care products, and dives into strategies for making green living more affordable.
• 9 Toxins to Avoid in Personal Care Products
• Caring for Children and Elders, Cooperatively
• WEB EXCLUSIVE: Our Jennifer Redfearn Interview
Check out previous articles from Green America
on nontoxic products:
Subscribe to the Green American, join Green America today.