- About Us
- Our Work
- Our Certification
- Our Publications
- Our Blog
- Get Involved
In this issue...
• PAGE 3: Bad Apple: Making News and Making Waves
• PAGE 4: Shareholders Take Emergency Action to Protect “Fracked” Family
• PAGE 5: Number of Chemicals Known to Injure Developing Brain Doubles in Seven Years
• PAGE 6: Safer Sunscreen for Summer
• PAGE 8: Best Shareholder Actions for 2014
• PAGE 11: Introducing the Green Festival Brand and Community Awards!
• PAGE 11: Pioneering Aveda Founder Passes Away
• PAGE 12: GMO Inside Launches Starbucks Campaign
• PAGE 12: Announcing the Clean Energy Victory Bonds Act of 2014!
• PAGE 13: Down with Dominion’s Cove Point Plan
• PAGE 13: People & Planet Award Winners Help Create Green Homes
• PAGE 13: Join the Green America Climate Ride Team!
• PAGE 14: Toxic Gadgets
• PAGE 17: Why Apple? What About the Others?
• PAGE 18: The Conflict Mineral Question
• PAGE 19: 5 Ways to Take Action to End Smartphone Sweatshops
• PAGE 20: What Can We Do About E-Waste?
• PAGE 21: What? You Need a New Phone?
• PAGE 22: Guilt or Action?
Special Thanks to Green America Business Members for supporting the Green American
|In the Current Issue:|
Workers who make smartphones and other electronics overseas are being poisoned by the toxins used inside supplier factories. You can end this. Read "Toxic Gadgets" »
Check out previous Electronics-related articles from the Green American:
BLOG: What about the other Smartphone Manufacturers?
Our campaign is focused on Apple because Apple is the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) leader in the consumer electronics industry. However, other smartphone manufacturers also need to take big steps to protect their workers from toxic chemicals.
Read more »
BLOG: The Problem with Benzene and Apple’s Off-Shore Solution
Chinese electronics workers are likely exposed to three times as much Benzene as US workers.
Read more »
Our Interview With Dr. Devra Davis
Dr. Davis's new book, Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation, What the Industry Has Done to Hide It, and How to Protect Your Family may put her in the history books as the 21st century's Rachel Carson." Read more »
The Fall 2014 Green American